Thank you Xuyao, Songxue, Zhonghui, and Xiling for creating this interactive learning resource. I really enjoyed reading through it!
- I think you guys have done a great job linking each type of learning design to a specific action to teach the middle school students. You did a great job explaining each learning design, as well as how you plan to apply it in your learning resource.
- I also really like your activity of having the students doing self-research about AI apps that interests them. This allows the students to be somewhat familiar before the formal lecture starts.
- I liked how it was introduced and the structure of the entire resource. It was nicely laid out and it was easy to see exactly what were the assessment methods and learning outcomes.
- I also liked how you included resources for how to handle students who may not have access to a computer at home. I had never thought about that before.
- The variety of activities for each section of your lessons is great. It really can help students feel more engaged in the material.
- When explaining the three learning theories (behaviourism, cognitivism, and constructivism) at the beginning of your resource, I suggest adding an in-text citation to where this information is from. I have provided an example below:
- For our learning design, we used a combination of inquiry, direct instruction and cooperative learning, which is based on 3 learning theories – behaviorism, cognitivism and constructivism (Ertmer & Newby, 2013).
- There was mention of many different applications such as a quiz making application. It would be great if you could specify which application you will be using to avoid being vague about which platform you are using.
Overall, it is a great interactive learning resource about artificial intelligence and is very nicely planned. I look forward to seeing your final product!
Link to Pod 11’s Interactive Learning Resource: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1whYffGJS2grJUIvvmYi1qRsitrY0e6nQmmp8B7CdstQ/edit#heading=h.qdbyh6742gz5